Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Reactions to Time Edit
- 1190: Time Randall Munroe, blag.xkcd.com, 2013-07-29.
- XKCD Geekout with Randall Munroe (Interview) Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell. .NET Rocks!, 2013-11-21. Section about Time begins around 40:45.
- A brief history of 'Time.' (The xkcd comic.) Andrea Peterson, The Switch. Washington Post, 2013-07-30.
- Creator of xkcd Reveals Secret Backstory of His Epic 3,099-Panel Comic. Laura Hudson, the Underwire blog. Wired, 2013-08-02.
- XKCD and Time Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomy blog. Slate, 2013-08-06.
- Guest Review: The One True Review Jon Levi, the xkcdsucks blog. XKCD Sucks, 2014-07-26. Review of Time, mentions the OTT.
Countdown to next update Edit
It plays a "dong" sound 6 seconds before the next picture is shown:
- Original DONG (plays every half hour);
- Longpix DONG (plays every longpix, the new update rate of Time).
- Luckypix DONG (plays every luckypix)
Latest Frame (automatically updates) Edit
Watch the frames Edit
- http://geekwagon.net/projects/xkcd1190: A useful way to browse XKCD Time. A scrollable, playable, and frame linkable version with code is available on github. Play back speed is adjustable and there is a list of clickable points of interest.
- http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/1: A user-controlled viewer that also provides useful links to the frames, as well as outside links to Geekwagon and Aubron.
The Book of AubronEdit
- http://xkcd.aubronwood.com: A play-through of all pictures so far, created by aubronwood. The program is able to change the speed of the play through, stop and start the automatic play-through, soundtrack, and manually change to the next or previous picture.
Time Drags OnEdit
- http://xkcd.modularthought.com/TimeDragsOn/: A draggable viewer (of select frames), with playback of nearly all frames. Selection can be made by period.
mrob27's Replay ViewerEdit
- http://mrob.com/time/replay: Real-time player created by Mrob27. It displays the 'Time' frame that would have been seen at the current date/time in 2013; also has keyboard commands and fast playback mode.
balthasar_s' Aftertime ViewerEdit
- http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/aftertime/viewer?story=time: A viewer which includes enhancements of the Time frames from the Fading. Frame numbers are the same as in mscha's viewer. Time after Time stories can be viewed from there too.
List of frames Edit
- http://xkcd.mscha.org: a list of all frames of Time posted so far, with frame numbers and with links to the images both at time of posting and currently of the xkcd servers, and the difference between them (if any).
Youtube Videos Edit
Image Album Edit
- http://imgur.com/a/Edyi1: All images collected into an Imgur album, updating about once per day.
- http://xkcdtime.comicsfu.com/: Digital comic book edition in CBZ/CBR and PDF, for ebook readers and tablets.
Explain xkcd Edit
Some more information and discussion can be found at http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php?title=Time.
IRC Channel for "Time"Edit
Join the conversation: #xkcd-time on irc.foonetic.net.
(This is basically a chatroom. Learn about IRC here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat)
Below is a list of software and games related to The One True Comic.
Stand-alone frame comparatorsEdit
- Python API by Sciscitor:
http://22.214.171.124/Time/api/diff/*Frame number 1*/*Frame number 2* e.g.: http://126.96.36.199/Time/api/diff/1/101/
'mojacardave' forum post graphs:Edit
- http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=14520#p3332277 - Post density per TimeFrame
- http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=14520#p3332295 - Unique posters per TimeFrame
- http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=14520#p3332319 - Unique posters per Forum Page
- http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=14560#p3332527 - Forum Top 10 posters
- http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=14800#p3333342 - Create your own personal graphs
User activity in the forumEdit
Graphs for anyone who has posted in the OTT: http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/UserPostsByDay
Graphs for all users in the Time database (anyone that has submitted an ottification): http://188.8.131.52/Time/users/
Constellations of TimeEdit
(Constellation-type graphs of the activity of posters in the OTT) http://xkcd.mscha.org/sciscitor/
Ottification database (incomplete)Edit
Forum Thread statistics, videos, and other miscellaneaEdit
OTT post indicesEdit
- Kieryn's (with first post author names and first word usages highlighted) : http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/ForumNavigator
- Mrob27's (far simpler and perhaps quicker to load) : http://mrob.com/time/
- The OTTsford Molpish Dictionary by mrob27
xkcd Time CatapultEdit
Proof of concept that it might 'swell be auto-generated Edit
(With the dialogs and action going on, it's clear that it is not auto-generated)